Job Title: Plant General Manager
Location: Spintex, Accra, Ghana
Job Reference: LT/QPGH/PPM
This position provides operational management for the entire production process for the business. We are seeking a self-starter, strategic thinker that has demonstrated a history of continuous improvement and track record of delivering results. To be successful in this role, the incumbent will contribute to the profitability of the business by overseeing each step of the production process to ensure customers’ needs are met.
• Plans, organises, production schedules direct and run optimum day-to-day production and related operations to highest organisational and industry standards
• Oversees production processes from end to end.
• Increases production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
• Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Ensures optimal packaging design.
• Manages and help maintain the finished packaging specification database.
• Manages technical interaction with packaging material and equipment suppliers.
• Monitors operations and trigger corrective actions
• Shares a trusting relationship with workgroup, recruits, manages and develops plant staff
• Collects and analyses data to pinpoint occurrences of waste or overtime in partnership with the General Manager
• Commits to and executes plant safety procedures
• Stays up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts and applies them to the operations of the plant
• Assesses project and resource requirements
• Estimates, negotiates and agrees budgets and timescales with clients and managers
• Ensures that health and safety regulations are met
• Determines quality control standards
• Re-negotiates timescales or schedules as necessary
• Selects and orders materials
• organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
• Liaises with buyers, marketing and sales staff
• Supervises work of production staff
• In partnership with the HR Manager, organises relevant training for production staff
• Ensures quality of the finished product and that is meets required standards
• Ensures security of facility in partnership with Warehouse Manager; Monitor perimeter and fence lines, inspect exterior doors for security purposes.
Education and Training
• Bachelors or masters level degree required. Business, Food Technology, or related degree is preferred
• Lean Six Sigma, PMP, TPM or other relevant certiﬁcations highly desirable
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelors or masters level degree required. Business, Food Technology, or related degree is preferred Knowledge and Experience
• 5 years of experience as a plant production manager or in a manufacturing environment is required
• 2-5 years of experience in supply chain, logistics, warehousing or distribution preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated cost savings/productivity projects required. Working knowledge of financial and budgetary experience.
• Ability to multitask and work in a team oriented fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational, planning, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and strategic planning.
• Incumbent must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Project management skills
• Continuous Improvement background preferred
• Proven people management experience
• Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
• Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
• Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
• Must be computer literate
1. Remuneration details for each job will be provided to shortlisted candidates only
2. CVs and application letters must be emailed to Sheena at
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th January 2020.
3. Job Title and Job Reference must be stated on the application letter