Job Title: Plant General Manager
Location: Spintex, Accra, Ghana
Job Reference: LT/QPGH/PGM
The Plant General Manager will be responsible for leading and directing all strategic and operational activities to ensure consistent levels of production excellence are achieved and sustained whilst maintaining a fully engaged and talented workforce. Provide vision and direction for the entire facility in order to ensure current and future success. Ensure the facility attains/exceeds key performance measures and maximises proﬁtability by building short and long-term strategies and initiatives to meet customer, market and competitive demands; developing and communicating clear expectations and focus; and providing required resources and guidance as necessary.
• Allocates resources effectively and fully utilise assets to produce optimal results
• Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
• Develops systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
• Directs the HR manager to address employee issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements.
• Works with the port and logistics partners to get supplies out of port
• Drives continuous improvements in key areas, such as: Safety, Quality, Productivity,Cost & Customer Service, while developing direct reports. Improves upon the capabilities of all plant personnel.
• Required to build a Safety First culture and develops highly motivated workforce; serves as a positive role model of emotional intelligence and servant leadership. Drives positive employee relations and delivers sustainable results.
• Continuously improves site processes and technologies; stays current in new technological developments. Develops and executes upon a site capital plan, addressing both short-term a long-term opportunities.
• Champions continuous improvement efforts; implements and sustains manufacturing best practices / procedures, and meets/exceeds relevant certiﬁcations / qualiﬁcations / requirements
• Identiﬁes and eliminates potential sources of food safety risk. Responsible for delivering site environmental, health, & safety performance; works to exceed expectations for all internal & external audits.
• Acts as liaison between plant personnel and corporate functions; builds solid relationships between these teams. Eectively communicates urgent issues both internal and external to the site, as needed. Identiﬁes issues quickly, develops action plans and coordinates team member activities, so that these issues are communicated upward, and dealt with quickly & effective.
• Develops a highly effective site leadership team, by applying high standards for selection and continued performance in partnership with the HR Manager.
• Establishes clear and stretching goals, communicates and delegates key responsibilities, and actively utilises all performance, development and career tools, to their full potential.
• Required to implement Lean & TPM across all business areas, to elevate overall performance
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or a business related degree
• 5+ years of accounting experience with a minimum 3 years of experience working as a Finance or Cost Accounting Manager
• Previous experience budgeting and forecasting
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management
• Lean Six Sigma, PMP, TPM or other relevant certiﬁcations highly desirable
Knowledge and Experience
• 5 years Manufacturing Experience and Operational leadership
• Requires Lean and relevant TPM skill sets, with demonstrated problem solving capability.
• Experience in a commercial role with direct customer contact
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with process development and business process design.
• Experience in managing to the ISO or equivalent quality standards desirable
• Experience in implementing and/or managing to an Operating System (E.g. the
Toyota Production Systems)
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
• Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
• Must be competent in identifying root causes of issues and adept at developing and implementing corrective actions, to prevent problems from repeating.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process Improvement roles including managing teams of people
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certiﬁcation will be a plus
• Proven experience and record of successes in a high speed manufacturing environment.
1. Remuneration details for each job will be provided to shortlisted candidates only
2. CVs and application letters must be emailed to Sheena at
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th January 2020.
3. Job Title and Job Reference must be stated on the application