Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Spintex, Accra, Ghana
Reporting to: General Manager
Job Reference: LT/QPGH/HRM
The Human Resources Manager will be a key member of the leadership team and be responsible for all aspects of the HR function, be a strong business partner, working with leadership to enhance culture, and employee engagement. In addition, you will serve as an employee advocate helping to resolve employee concerns and promote a positive work environment. You will have the opportunity to signiﬁcantly impact the business and assists top management with planning, development and implementation of HR initiatives. This is a highly visible role in one of their key facilities that has both strategic and tactical components. You will be responsible for supporting the overall business objectives stafﬁng, performance management, training and development, employee relations, compensation, beneﬁts. The Plant HR Manager must be a driven and engaged leader focused on providing solutions to business challenges and developing a high performing culture. The ability to inﬂuence across all levels will be a signiﬁcant factor for success in this role.
• Design, implement and oversee the effective practice of HR policy, procedures and processes; collaborate with regional and/or corporate HR resources to ensure compliance and alignment with company protocols.
• Develop and/or implement appropriate human resource structures, tools, policies, processes and procedures to support the business strategy
• Create, nurture and sustain a positive, engaging work environment that attracts, develops and retains critical talent
• Manage employee relations, training and development, employee engagement, and other core HR functional areas
• You will collaborate with management and supervisors to develop and implement processes and tools that foster higher productivity, quality, safety and improved retention of workforce; provide leadership and change management expertise in support of plant business initiatives, projects and changes
• You will design, implement, and measure the learning and development for this location and lead the continuous skills development of all employees at all levels
• Instrumental in driving high-impact change efforts in the business, while achieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement.
• Participate in the recruitment process by discussing sta ﬃ ng needs with line managers, completing position requisitions and postings, screening applicants, conducting interviews, and managing applicants through the entire recruitment life cycle
• Participate in on-boarding of new employees including conducting new hire orientation, beneﬁts orientation, and ensuring new hires are properly integrated into the organisation
• Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relations problems. Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on Human Resources matters
• Communicate with managers to answer questions relating to employment, beneﬁts, career advancement, etc; elevate issues as appropriate
• Conduct routine salary administration tasks; provide advice to managers on employee compensation
• Ensure highest level of customer service is provided to managers and employees and help team to consistently apply company policies, procedures, and compliance with employment laws
• Engage with managers and employees to respond to a variety of dynamic priorities
• Initiate and sustain collaborative, trust-based relationships with management and peers
• Promote a change-oriented culture to help drive priority-based initiatives aligned with the business goals throughout the organisation
• Contribute leading-edge thought leadership and innovative approaches to maximise organisational performance within the group
• Create an environment that supports ongoing e ﬀ orts to identify and develop management and technical talent throughout the organisation with particular emphasis on developing critical skills to support business goals
• Execute performance review, merit review, talent review and open enrolment processes
• Forecast and conduct workforce planning with functional leadership to ensure business meets customer expectations as well as ﬁnancial commitments to the strategic plan.
• Act as a stabilising partner to the General Manager
• Model and demonstrate the companies core values
• Measure HR performance against annual operating plan metrics
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration in Human Resources, Masters of Human Resources or MBA preferred
• Professional Certiﬁcation would be a plus
Knowledge and Experience
• 5+ years of experience in HR experience with 2+ years managing an HR department or in a senior HR Business Partner role in a manufacturing environment desirable
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Prior experience working with HRIS systems
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to obtain results by effectively utilising leadership and talent resources, while serving as a champion for continuous improvement and organisational excellence in all areas.
• Extensive experience in achieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement.
• Proven experience in conflict management
• Experience with employee relations
• Knowledge of Ghana employment law and Human Resource policies/practices
• Experience recruiting non-exempt/hourly employees strongly preferred
• Proven skills in the areas of initiative, individual leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and facilitation
• Experience with Employee Engagement, Team Building and Employee Development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to skillfully interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Customer and business focused.
• Both strategy and process driven
• Able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to handle industrial union and labour matters effectively
1. Remuneration details for each job will be provided to shortlisted candidates only
2. CVs and application letters must be emailed to Sheena at
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the 20th January 2020.
3. Job Title and Job Reference must be stated on the application letter